Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Passing a Reference in VBA

passing a string with application.run should be no problem

application.Run "MyXLA.xla!Mymacro", "abc"

as an example.

Is there something special - is the string longer than 255 characters?

Tom Ogilvy

"Bill" wrote:

Hello,
I want to pass a argument to a macro to run. I have tried
application.run but can only pass numerical values. I need to pass a
string. I have been told you can add a reference in VBA to the
appropriate .xla file and was able to invoke public methods to pass the
arguments of the appropriate type. He said go to tools, references and
then add a reference.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Bill