Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] arogg@payroll.nyc.gov is offline

Default Progressive pricing

On Jan 30, 7:15*am, Abbeypost
wrote:
I run a copy shop and want to calculate the total price based on a scale
as follows:

1 * *- 100 * * *20p
101 - 250 * * *15p
251 - 500 * * *10p
500+ * * * * * * 8p

If the total copies are 400, the total price should be:

100 @ 20p * * = £20
150 @ 15p * * = £22.50
150 @ 10p * * = £15.00

Total price * * = £57.50

If the total copies are entered in H5 and the total to be paid is shown
in H14, please give the formula and the cell into which it must go.

I have tried to follow other peoples explanations without success,
that's why I have included the information above.

Thanks in anticipation of saving my sanity

--
Abbeypost

H14=(0.2*H5)-
(0.05*(MAX(H5-100,0)))-0.05*(MAX(H5-250,0))-0.02*(MAX(H5-500,0))

Allan Rogg