Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Programmatically query Excel drop-down list ?

Are you talking about data = Validation using the list option.

If so, do you know where the data is that is used to populate the list? If
so, just get a value from that. Data validation doesn't react to entries
made by code.

Tom Ogilvy

"diglas1 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Can I programmatically query an Excel drop-down list and programmatically
update the drop-down cell ?
I am trying to populate one spreadsheet with data from another using an Excel
macro, but one column contains drop-down boxes. Can I query the drop-down
list from my controlling macro and populate the cell with one of the entries.

Thanks in anticipation.