Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Simon Lloyd[_753_] Simon Lloyd[_753_] is offline

Default copying and pasting from source sheet to destination sheet without naming source sht?

Hi all, Below is a portion of quite a long section of code, it's like
this because i am copying and pasting to another sheet (Statistics) and
then going back to my original page (New Stats) copying...etc, I have 8
of these very long pieces of code because the exact same procedure is
used by the other sheets but when it returns to a sheet to copy of
course it has to return to the sheet the data is being copied
from.....Is there anyway i code narrow it down to one piece of code
that remembers which sheet it was on originally before opening
"Statistics" or do i have to stick with having a seperate one for each
sheet???

Regards,
Simon

Sub Stats()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Range("B1").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Statistics").Visible = True
Sheets("Statistics").Select
Range("A1").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False
Sheets("New Stats").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Statistics").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False
Sheets("New Stats").Select

--