Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stol Stol is offline

Default I want to treat numbers as text without any complaints

The automatic field format detection is really annoying. I want to do text
manipulation techniques on numbers and excel is just working against. Why
can't I format a cell containing a number as text ? Or do I miss something ?

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...el.programming