Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dean[_8_] Dean[_8_] is offline

Default sumif criteria

Wow, it sure seems to! Given the normal formatting options as (poorly?)
described in EXCEL help (32, 32, "32", etc), I'm not sure why this works,
but it sure seems to.

I can't imagine why your approach isn't in their help section. Surely,
there must be a need for using a cell reference pretty often.

Thank you very much.

Dean

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
Try something like this:

=SUMIF(A1:A100,""&$E$4,B1:B100)

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Dean" wrote:

It looks like the criteria in such a function must be something
hard-coded, rather than say $e$4, where $e$4 is a cell in the worksheet.

Is that correct, or is there a way to do it with a cell being part of the
criteria?

Thanks!
Dean