Dave Peterson

Just to add to Bryan's reply...

If you're going to use =datedif(), take a look at Chip Pearson's notes at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

Bryan Hessey wrote:

The DateDif will do this, assuming the start date is in A1, the end date
is in A2, and A3 is formatted to Number, no decimal places.

=DateDif(A1,A2+1,"D")

should give you what you need.

spudgun Wrote:
Hi, I'm both new here and to Excel generally!

I'm running Excel 2003.

I've designed a spreadsheet for my work to calculate holiday taken,
days left etc.
To make my job easier(!) I'm using (attempting to use!) formulae.
I can calculate days & hours taken for a given period but what I would
like to do is calculate the number of weeks from two dates (date leave
started to date leave ended.)

EG: week leave started is 03/01/05 week leave finished is 23/01/05 = 2
weeks.

Is this possible?

Thanks

--