Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
okanem[_3_] okanem[_3_] is offline

Default Run macro <iif</i 001.xls exists

I have a report report.xls gathering information from many orde
spreadsheets 50001.xls 50002.xls etc. The number of order spreadsheet
changes over time as orders come in.

At the moment, the report macro has the capabiliy to transfer the ro
of data I need from the first 1000 orders, 50001.xls right through t
51000.xls. One single line of macro code can open each order in rea
only, copy the appropriate row, paste it into the report and close th
order. The next marco line deals with the next order spreadsheet
pasting the important data into the next row in the report

As only 56 orders have been places I use the ' character to tell th
macro to ignore the line associated with order spreadsheets not yet o
the system. i.e. the macro lines dealing with 50057.xls through t
51000.xls have ' at the start of them.

I would like to get away from using the ' as it requires me to go i
and delete them as new orders go on the system.

Is there an IF statement I can use which would do the following

If 50057.xls exists
then open it, copy the line, paste into reports, close 50057.xls
else move onto the next line in the macro.

Hope you can help.
Okane

--
okane