Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How to compare today's date to a cell on VBA?

Hello Dave,

Shouldn't it be

If Worksheets(wCtr).Range("a1").Value = myDate Then

I thought he said move on when the date in the sheet had passed.

-If today's date is bigger (=the date on the cell has passed) - it'll

move to the next sheet and so on to the next sheets.

Tom Ogilvy

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe something like:

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()

Dim myDate As Date
Dim myAddr As String
Dim wCtr As Long

myDate = Date
myAddr = "a1"

For wCtr = 1 To ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Count
If Worksheets(wCtr).Range("a1").Value <= myDate Then
Application.Goto Worksheets(wCtr).Range("a1"), Scroll:=True
Exit For
End If
Next wCtr

Sivangen wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to create a macro which will:
-Open on the sheet1
-Get today's date
-Compare today's date to a certain cell in the sheet
-If today's date is bigger (=the date on the cell has passed) - it'll
move to the next sheet and so on to the next sheets.

I thought you might have some suggestions, anyone?

Thanks,

Sivan.

--
Sivangen