Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Is there a way to create a spesifig kind of program?

sounds like you want conditional formatting using the formula is option. In
the formula box you would use something like
A B
1: Number Name
2: 1 Smith

Assume the number to be entered is on a sheet name EntrySheet in cell B9

Select A2 to B200 (for example) with A2 as the activeCell.

Do format=Conditional Formatting, and change Cell Value is to Formula is.
In the formula text box put

=$A2=EntrySheet!$B$9

Tom Ogilvy

"alhadschi" wrote in message
I just wanted to ask if there is a way of crating a macro of something

like
that with Excel.
I need to feel a whole excel file with names, and they will be sorted by
numbers. Then I want to have a window that will have a place where I will

put
a number in. Automically the person with the same number will be ticked(or
change the color of the cells) so that I will know who I have checked in.
Please I need your assistance.
Thanx