Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Autoselect data using Macros

set rng = Range(Cells(1,1),Cells(1,1).End(xldown))

or if there will be blank rows in the data

set rng = Range(Cells(1,1),Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup))

now you can use rng to build your chart.

not
set rng = rng.resize(,2) will expand the range to include two columns
set rng2 = rng.offset(0,1) will set a separate reference to column B.

Turn on the macro recorder and build the chart manually.

then modify the code recorded to use the code above.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
Here is what I am trying to achieve in Excel.

Have sheet where the user will enter data. The range of data can be
variable each time. between 4-8 rows and two columns (A and B).

I want to write a macro that will do the following:

1. Find the first blank row in column A and now it has the range of
valid data.
2. Use the range from Step 1 to create an XY chart where data in Col A
is X Axis and Col B is y-axis.
3. Label the chart and place it on the same sheet as data.

Please let me know how to handle dynamic/variable range selection in
Excel Macros.

Thanks,
Shoaib