Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Defining Range with Relative R[1]C[1] notation

You can't use RC notation like that, you need to pass the numbers to a
Range, Cells or Offset property.

ActiveCell.Offset(1, -2).Resize(, 6).Select

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

(replace somewhere in email address with googlemail if mailing direct)

"aca" wrote in message

In a macro, I need to select a range of cells that I want to refer to
with the R[1]C[1] style.
I know the following works for a range from a relative Cell to
an ABSOLUTE one: Range(ActiveCell, "G4").Select

But for a range defined by TWO RELATIVE cells ? Say my active cell is
now C4 and I want to select from A5 to F5; I am thinking of something
like this:

ActiiveCell.Range(R[1]C[-2], R[1]C[3]).Select (which does not
work).

Thank you so much for any help, as in past occasions.
ACA

--
aca
aca's Profile: