Andy Pope

Is there a fix on the horizon?
Not that I know of but then that's not really saying a lot. The KB
article is a year old and as far as I know a patch has not been issued
so I would assume the fix is going to require something major like a new
version of the OS or Office. Even then there's no guarantee's. But with
the rise in wide screen usage I would have thought the problem would be
addressed, eventually.

Cheers
Andy

M Vincent wrote:
Unfortunately, the link did not solve my problem. I have searched all the
newsgroups and have been unable to find an acceptable solution. The problem
appears to occur both in Excel and PowerPoint. I do have a widescreen laptop
monitor, and simultaneously drive an 4:3 external monitor. I constantly have
problems with charts, especially the y-axis labels, but also problems where
entire chart windows will change when the screen resolution is altered.
(This happens with some regularity as I give PowerPoint presentations at
dozens of locations, and occasionally the laptop screen will try to resize to
be compatible with the projector) It apparently can cause font substition
and other issues. I've tried using othe fonts, both true- and non true-type.
Appending several spaces and a period (with the same font color as the
background) does solve some problems with the y-axis, but not all. It seems
this is a very prevalent problem with monitors that are not 4:3 proportions.
Is there a fix on the horizon?

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Came across this today.

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel