Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Strange vlookup results

I suggest you take a look at the help index for vlookup. In order to look
over 3 columns you will need to have three columns to look in.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Mary-Lou" wrote in message
a) I forgot to mention I enter the vlookup formula in column D in Workbook
A.
b) I also realized for a heading in Worksheet B I entered "Week $" instead
of "Week #".
c) Also, I notice the columns in my example have lost their alignment
which
makes the example harder to read

For the vlookup statement:
=IF($B2="","",VLOOKUP($B2,WorksheetB!B$2:C$53,3,1) )

B2 = Column B in Worksheet A (Start date of resource)
WorksheetB!B$2:C$53 = Worksheet B column B (Start date of week) and column
(end date of week)
3 = the week # (this is the value I'm trying to return)
1 = true

Hope this helps.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

WorksheetB!B$2:C$53,3??

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Mary-Lou" wrote in message
On a vlookup, I am getting strange results on only 5% of the values.
I have a Worksheet A containing hundreds of resources showing:
A B C D
Resource Name Start Date etc etc
Joe 3/16/2006
Mary 4/5/2006

I have a Worksheet B containing a fiscal calendar containing 52 weeks:
A B C
Start Date of Week End Date of Week Week $
22-Oct-05 28-Oct-05 1
29-Oct-05 4-Nov-05 2
5-Nov-05 11-Nov-05 3
12-Nov-05 18-Nov-05 4
.. .. ..
17-Dec-05 23-Dec-05 9
24-Dec-05 30-Dec-05 10
31-Dec-04 6-Jan-05 11
7-Jan-05 13-Jan-05 12
.. .. ..
14-Oct-06 20-Oct-06 52

I am using the following vlookup that takes the Start Date in worksheet
and compares it against the calendar range in worksheet B to find out
which
week it falls into within the fiscal year.
=IF($B2="","",VLOOKUP($B2,WorksheetB!B$2:C$53,3,1) )
To test this out, I created a similar Worksheet as A that contains an
entry
for every day of the fiscal year - 365 entries.
95% of the results are fine - but every entry from Dec 18 thru to Jan 6
all
point to week 12. Strange.

Can anyone help me figure this out.