Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
oliver hesketh oliver hesketh is offline

Default Mekko charts in Excel 2007

Kay - if you could please let me know where I can get hold of your excel file that helps with Marimekko I'd be very grateful... it's doing my head in at the moment!!

On Wednesday, April 18, 2007 8:56 PM George Burdell wrote:

I'm trying to create a mekko area chart in Excel 2007 like I do in Excel
2003. However, it appears that one can not change the X axis of an area
chart to timescale. Does anyone know how to create mekko charts in 2007?

frustrated

On Thursday, April 19, 2007 12:37 AM Tushar Mehta wrote:

says...
Check out Stephen Bullen's funchrt5.zip at
http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting

On Thursday, April 19, 2007 8:35 AM Andy Pope wrote:

Hi,

I just tried my variation of variable column widths in xl2007 and it appears
to work.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/colwidth2.htm

The area chart does have x-axis dates. On the Axis Options tab of the Format
Axis dialog is a section Axis Type.
Here you can set the type to be Automatic, Text or Date.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"George Burdell" wrote in message
. ..

On Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:15 AM KAY wrote:

I have a macro written for Excel (2007 & 2010) that will create a mekko for you. Email me and I'll gladly send it to you.

On Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:10 AM Nick Moran wrote:

Hello Kay,

The old Mekko macro that I had for Microsoft 2003 doesn't seem to work for 2007. Do you have a version that will work?

Thanks!

Nick

On Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:57 AM KAY wrote:

This thread is mirrored over at pcreview.co.uk forums.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/mek...-t3052769.html

Under the username of 67L48, I have uploaded an Excel 2010 file that can generate a 15x15 mekko (such as 15 markets and 15 companies).

Hope it works for you. Sometimes, when I first run the macro, it churns for quite a long time (almost like it's broken into an infinite loop). I think it's because I'm a poor programmer and my code is cumbersome. May also have to do with initialization of certain routines into computer RAM, as subsequent mekko generation is quick