Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tony h[_118_] tony h[_118_] is offline

Default Help with Recursive Call?

Looking at your code I would say stay away from recursive calls until
you have more experience. They are a fantastic way to cripple a
machine.

Just a few points.
1. you have an On Error resume Next but nowhere do you actually check
for error values and handle them.
2. You have no end to the recursiveness it should end when you run out
of directories to create.
3. Just glancing at the manipulation of stFolder it seems like a mess
(I reserve the right to review this statement in the cold light of
day). Do you use debugging : stepping through, testing values of
variables etc

4. if you are determined to write it recursively then get it working
non-recursively first.

--
tony h
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21074