Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Listbox data required

Private Sub cmdOK_Click()
If lboTeam.ListIndex = -1 Then
MsgBox "You need to Select your Team Name"
Exit Sub

Tom Ogilvy

"kuzniaj" wrote:

I am pretty new to this forum and have had most of my questions answered
by searching other threads. But can't find an answer on this one.

I have created a form for data entry and it has several list and text
boxes. I have used an if then statement to validate that the text
boxes have data in them at the time of execution. I would like to do
the same with the list box but the code does not work. The list box is
poplulated but no data is selected. When I press "OK" I would like for
it to validate that data is selected / highlighted.

Private Sub cmdOK_Click()
If lboTeam.value = "" Then
MsgBox "You need to fill in your Team Name"
Exit Sub
End If

If txtPlayer.Value = "" Then
MsgBox "You need to fill in the Player's Name"
Exit Sub

kuzniaj
kuzniaj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34712
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=544796