Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
pianoman[_12_] pianoman[_12_] is offline

Default Named Range

Hi Guys,
This forum's brilliant... I haven't Not found an answer to an excel/vb
problem here yet! Thanks everyone...

So, I have a named range on a sheet, and a combobox with data
validation on the named list. Having the named range on a different
sheet to the combobox was working fine, and the named range appeared in
the name-box in all sheets, everything was fine.

I had some problems with rebel macros running code on the wrong
sheets and things got corrupted, so I replaced the sheet with the
combobox with a backup copy, which was working fine, and now the old
sheet, on the new file won't reference the named range. The range is
still present in 'name - define' etc., but you can't access the range
from any other sheet now. What's gone wrong?!

I've tried deleting the combobox and starting again, but it just
won't work any more.

If I have the old backup copy open in the background, the combox works
fine... I assume this means it's somehow referencing the old workbook
directly, but I can't find anywhere where this is defined...

Any ideas?!

Thanks,

Gareth

--