Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
esiason14 esiason14 is offline

Default Help, please

Hi, I have a huge spreadsheet of baseball players....Some players played
multiple positions during a single season. What I want to do is find the
duplicate player ids for a given year and then find the position they
played most for that year and delete the other records. For example
(below)...this player played 4 different positions in 1905. I would
like it to keep the record where he played 58 games (the most for that
season) and delete the rest. Could someone please at least get me on
the right track. Thanks

Code:
--------------------
ID YEAR # TEAM POSITION GAMES PLAYED