Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
shelfish shelfish is offline

Default Auto-detect range size

I'm fairly new to VBA. I'm taking db output and wanting to work with
it. However, the number of rows varies greatly. The only way I can
address one of the columns as a range is to use an input box to ask the
user to select the cells. Put another way, I'd like to use the logic
used by autofill to know where to stop to know where to establish the
end of the range. Is there an existing way to do this that I haven't
found?

Written generally, here are the are the steps to my script:

1. Insert columns in A and B.
2. In B2, Contatenate C2, D2
3. Autofill Destination:=[here's my problem, range unknown]

OR I could do it this way

1. Insert columns in A and B
2. Do While [same problem, establish size of range in D]
3. Contatenate as above
4. Offset to next row
5. Loop

There is probably a much improved way to do either of these but like I
said, I've only been at this for about a week. Thanks in advance for
any assistance.