RagDyer

Depends on exactly what you want to display in the column returning the
total, when the column containing the numbers is empty (not yet filled).

Numbers in Column A:

Enter this in B1, and copy down as needed:
=SUM($A$1:A1)
This displays the *last* total, all the way down the column, as far as the
formula is copied.

=(A1<"")*SUM($A$1:A1)
This displays 0's when there's no number in the Column A row.

=IF(A1,SUM($A$1:A1),"")
This displays an empty cell when there's no number in the Column A row.
--
HTH,

RD

"Precious Singleton" wrote in
message ...
What formula do I use to keep a running total in a column on my

spreadsheet?