Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
lxrhee lxrhee is offline

Default counting actual and displayed values

Hi guys,
I have a sheet with the following values, and certain cells ar
formatted differently.

0 - displays as 0
0 - displays as 0.0
0 - displays as 0.00
0.0043 - displays as 0.00
0.0043 - displays as 0.0
0.0043 - displays as 0.0043
1 - displays as 1
-0.1 - displays as -0.1

I realize that no matter how a number is formatted, excel retains th
underlying value. I want the formatted value though. For this list o
numbers, I want to count the cells where the underlying value is 0, an
count the cells where the formatted value is 0, via a macro.
So in this example, there are 3 real 0s, and 5 formatted 0s.
I don't really want to convert to text or anything, I tried rounding a
well but can't find a good solution. c.value and c.formula both look a
the underlying value. Is there something I can use in a macro to ge
the displayed value, rather than the underlying value? THanks

--
lxrhe
lxrhee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3452