Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Database Linked Spreadsheet

http://tinyurl.com/kac4o

Tom Ogilvy

"jwilliamson"
wrote in message

Ok...let me try to explain again. We have a production database, on our
SQL server. There is information in the database that the managers
would like to be able to get on a spreadsheet. They want to be able to
open the spreadsheet, click cell A1 and type in a primary key value.
When they click another cell, press enter, or whatever the spreadsheet
will use the value they typed in A1 and put it in the where clause of a
query, that will populate cells B1-H1 with data from the table in the
database where the primary key field equals the value they typed in A1.
They want to be able to do this in any row of the spreadsheet, A1, A2,
A3, etc...How can I create this spreadsheet/query so that it will work
how they want it?

--
jwilliamson
jwilliamson's Profile: