Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Input Box Asking for Multiple Responses

Hi Paige,

Try:

'=============
Public Sub LoadData(addr As String, msg As String)
Dim response As String

Do While response = ""
response = InputBox(prompt:=msg)
If response = "" Then
MsgBox ("You must enter a response; please try again.")
End If
Loop
Range(addr).Value = response
End Sub
'<<=============

---
Regards,
Norman

"Paige" wrote in message
Have the following code (which is called from another macro), which works
fine when I enter the ranges as noted; however, the ranges will change
each
time and each should be based as an offset to a certain cell, such as
Range("AS9").End(xlDown).Offset(4, 2). However, when I try to use this
reference instead of "AU90" for instance, it will ask me for my 1st input,
then errors out at the 'Range(addr).Value = response' line with a 'Method
Range of Object - Global failed' message. Have tried all the variations I
can think of; can someone please advise what I'm doing wrong?

Sub MainProcedure()
LoadData "AU90", "Enter the term (in years) you assumed."
LoadData "AV90", "Enter scope."
LoadData "AW90", "Did you include price protect?"
End Sub

Sub LoadData(addr As String, msg As String)
Dim response As Variant, iR As Integer
While response = ""
response = InputBox(prompt:=msg)
If response = "" Then
iR = MsgBox("You must enter a response; please try again.")
End If
Wend
Range(addr).Value = response
End Sub