Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Before Print - Case Select?

If all your doing is setting the printarea, then I don't see any reason to
have any modules or additional code outside the beforeprint event.

Dim sh As Worksheet, Lastrow As Long
For Each sh In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
Lastrow = sh.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)
sh.PageSetup.PrintArea = "'" & sh.Name & _
"'!A5:P" & Lastrow
Next

End Sub

If you have some peculiar printing situation then just process the whole
workbook each time

Dim sh As Worksheet, Lastrow As Long
For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
Lastrow = sh.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)
sh.PageSetup.PrintArea = "'" & sh.Name & _
"'!A5:P" & Lastrow
Next

End Sub

If you only want to do the 3 sheets, then

Dim sh As Worksheet, Lastrow As Long
For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
If instr(1,sh.Name,"mynum",vbTextCompare) then
Lastrow = sh.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)
sh.PageSetup.PrintArea = "'" & sh.Name & _
"'!A5:P" & Lastrow
End if
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"Jim May" wrote:

In a workbook I have 3 sheets where the number of rows (I wish to print)
varys each month. SO that I wouldn't have to manually set the print range I
thought I'd set up a macro whcih would 1) find the last active row and set
the printarea to:
Pagesetup.PrintArea = "A5:P" & Lrow
My three sheets are MyNum1, MyNum2, Mynum3 say.
I thought I might use the Before Print WB event to run things, but obviously
can have only one Before Print Event, so I thought maybe a Select case
Statement might
work where I have 3 different standard modules, one for each case
My Before Print handler would include the Case Select
With choices PMyNum1, PMyNum2, PMuNum3

The 3 standard modules would be named PMyNum1, PMyNum2, PMuNum3
with the details. Am I proceeding correctly "in my thinking" or am I headed
down the "path of ruin"?

Tks in advance,
Jim May