Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GeneWan GeneWan is offline

Default get value from same cell on all sheets in a workbook.

Hi Otto,

This looks very prospective, am gonna try this out shortly, thank you very
much!

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Gene
Not knowing any more than what you say, there are two ways to do what
you want.
One way is to put formulas in the cells on the Summary sheet. That way
those cells will always display the contents of the A4 cells. Such a
formula would look like the following. Each cell in the summary sheet would
have a formula for its particular sheet.:
=SheetName!F6

Another way is to use a macro such as what is shown below. I assumed you
have some sheets that you don't want included. I also assumed that every
sheet you want included is named AbleXXX where "Able" is constant and "XXX"
changes . Also the summary sheet is named "Summary" and the list starts in
A1 of the Summary sheet. HTH Otto
Sub CopyData()
Dim Dest As Range
Dim ws As Worksheet
Set Dest = [A1]
If Left(ws.Name, 4) < "Able" Then GoTo NextSht
Dest.Value = ws.Range("F6").Value
Set Dest = Dest.Offset(1)
NextSht:
Next ws
End Sub
"GeneWan" wrote in message
I am trying to extract value from a particular cell, A4 from every sheet
(which are all name slightly differently) and tabulate on a summary sheet
(eg. "Sheet1"). Does anyone know how to do this efficiently?