Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michael Michael is offline

Default Capturing text in a command bar as it is entered

Have you tried this:
Private Sub TextBox1_Change()

MsgBox (TextBox1.Value)

End Sub

Obviously you will have something more meaningful replacing the Msgbox, I
have to warn you, it will execute as soon as the firs letter is keyed in.

"John" wrote:

Thanks Chip .... I'm sure you'd know about it if there was a workaround.

Looks like I'm going to have to change it to a useform and capture key
events :-(

John

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
I don't believe this is possible.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"John" wrote in message
XL 2003

I have a command bar with a text box (msoControlEdit) for the user to
enter text as the basis of a search parameter.

Via the .OnAction event it works fine (the user enters the text then
presses return), but is there a way I can capture the text as it is
entered ... effectively a change event on the text in this control ?

Many thanks
John