Dave Peterson

Just to add to J.E.'s response...

To hide that personal.xls workbook:
Open excel
(hide personal.xls via Window|hide)
close excel

Tell excel you want to save the changes to personal.xls.

Next time you open excel, personal.xls will be opened, but hidden.

Roger O wrote:

I have EXCEL 2002 sp3 on WinXP. I added some of my frequently used macros
into my PERSONAL.XLS file, so that they are available with each spreadsheet
that I open. Now, everytime I start up EXCEL it automatically opens the
PERSONAL.XLS file instead of just using it as a template. The macros appear
in the toolbar just fine, but won't run since PERSONAL.XLS is open. Can
someone help me, please ? What have I done wrong ?

thanks ... Roger

--

Dave Peterson