Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jbclem[_2_] jbclem[_2_] is offline

Default How to sort entire spreadsheet by one column sort

Do I just select the column headers (A to H), or do I select the entire
spreadsheet below those headers also?

"Gord Dibben" wrote in message
Select Columns A to H and DataSort

In the "sort by" pick Column A or its title and ascending or
descending.

No need to Freeze Panes................just specify that "my data has
a header"

If you don't get what you want, just Undo.............do not save

Gord

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:00:53 -0800, "jbclem"
wrote:

I just downloaded a spreadsheet, and it's(the entire spreadsheet)

currently
sorted alphabetically by column C. I'd like to sort it by the items in
column A, but I don't want to just sort column A, I want the sort to

include
each row (headed by the word in column A) that stretches across columns

A-H.

Could someone show me how this is done...

Thanks,

jc