Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Still Learning Still Learning is offline

Default Using Macros to Calculate Matrix Algebra in Excel..... I'm STU

Thanks for the help Tristan! For some reason the link didn't work, would it
be possible for you to e-mail it to me at ?

"Tristan" wrote:

Hi there,

This shouldn't be too hard to execute.

When you work out your F variable you could rewrite the formula as:

F=A*((G*0.1)+(H*0.2)+(W*0.65)+(J*0.05))

You can get separate cells to perform each part of the calculation i.e.
One cell, say A1, peforms the "G*0.1", another, A2, "H*0.2" etc and when
you write the formulas into the cell you can reference back to the cells
where you're inputting your variables (in your file (G*0.1) would be
"=F2*0.1".

You know what F is because it equals T and that's derived from values
which you know or are inputing.

So all you need to do is switch the formula round so that:

A= F / ((G*0.1)+(H*0.2)+(W*0.65)+(J*0.05))

The formula you write into the cell will be something like:

= A5 / (sum(A1:A4))
The rest of the formulas write themselves.

Anyway, I've put this all onto sheet2 of your file and hopefully I can
attach it to this post. It might make a bit more sense on there.

Hope this helps

Tris

|Filename: Excel_Problem.zip |
|Download: