Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default XLA location

Can you put the addin in a common network folder (and use its UNC path--not
drive letter)?

Or could you dedicate a folder on each person's harddrive:
C:\MyAddIns

so that everyone uses the same naming convention?

Baj wrote:

Currently we are putting our custom XLA's on each users computer under their
profiles "ADDIN" folder. This is where Excel wants to look when you load
addins. It seemed best to do it that way. We load the addin from the Excel
tool bar so that it loads with excel. When the functions are used Excel for
some reason adds the path to the function as shown below:

'C:\Documents and Settings\dbadge\Application
Data\Microsoft\AddIns\water97_v12.xla'!enthalpySat VapPW(J12)

This causes no end of "Edit Links" "Change source" etc. when others use it.
It is a pain...
How do I make the pain stop...

--

Dave Peterson