Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Fred Fred is offline

Default Indirect/Concatenate query

I have a multi-sheet spreadsheet and am trying to pick up a named field
(StageName_1 .... n) that is defined on the OverallInfo worksheet. The
numeric suffix depends upon the value of the contents of the Milestone
it is related to

StageName_1 is a named field OverallInfo, E7
StageName_2 is a named field OverallInfo, E17
StageName_3 is a named field OverallInfo, E27

A30 = 100
A57 = 200
A84 = 300 etc

I ended up with the formula

=Indirect(Concatenate("StageName_",(A30/100)

But all I end up with is #REF. I countered this by using
If(IsError(Indirect etc, but that just resulted in a blank or empty
cell instead of the value of StageName_1/2/3 etc.

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers
Fred