Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
vvraj vvraj is offline

Default Macro to read and write data to multiple sheets

Dear All,

I am beginning to learn & code in VBA.
Can anyone help me with this? How to write a macro to

1. read about 300,000 rows/records from multiple worksheets from the
same workbook.
2. for each record read, some processing/calculation is done based on
some fields in the record.
3. write back with the updated record with the computed fields to
another workbook with multiple worksheets.

(Assume each worksheet is to hold maximum of 60,000 records/row)

How would the code differ if I would were read from a text file,
compute and write to a workbook with multiple worksheets?

Thanks in advance
vvraj

--
vvraj