Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Yandl Steve Yandl is offline

Default How to close an open image...

My original thought was to create an IE window that could easily be
controlled but many users will have registry settings that will result in a
TIF image appearing as an image placeholder in the IE window.

Can you be certain that your users will all be using WinME, WinXP, Win2k or
beyond? If that is the case, you could use the Windows picture and fax
viewer to show the picture and use WMI to isolate the process and terminate
it on your schedule. That won't work if any users are using Win98 or
earlier.

Steve

"obsessive" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for the reply... that may be my only option... I would have to
convert all the files but if thats what I have to do... so be it I
guess.