Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
HSalim[MVP] HSalim[MVP] is offline

Default Cell formula

Hi,
I was given a large spreadsheet - full of formulas.
(Most of those formulas are identical - copied down a range of cells.)

I need to extract each "unique" formula, and my first attempt was to convert
the formula to a string and copy it to an empty sheet, then to analyze it.
(See code below.)

Is there a better way to get the formulas used in a worksheet?

Thanks for your help.
Regards
Habib
------------------------------------
For colz = 4 To 76
Application.StatusBar = "Reading Col " & colz
For rowz = 2 To 60957
Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(rowz, colz).Select
If Left(ActiveCell.Formula, 1) = "=" Then
Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(rowz, colz).Value = "'" &
CStr(ActiveCell.Formula)
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Next
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select
Application.StatusBar = "Reading Col " & colz

Next
Application.StatusBar = "Done"

--
www.DynExtra.com
A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community

Share your knowledge. Add your favorite questions and answers
Help add questions to this site! We want Your input.