Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pradeep S Pradeep S is offline

Default Import from Excel

Hello Tim,

I have the same problem.

Can you tell me how to cast the problem field to text.
My excel sheet does not contain any headers.

Thanks,
Pradeep

"Tim Williams" wrote:

Have you tried concerting/casting the problem field to text in the query?

Tim.

"Amy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an ASP.NET (VB) routine that imports a lot of data from an Excel

spreadsheet
into a OleDbDataAdapter, and then into a database table. The import
has been working fine until now, but my latest spreadsheet has a column

that can be either completely numeric or alphanumeric. As long as the
first row contains alphanumeric everything is fine, but the latest
spreadsheet I received contained completely numeric data in the first
10 rows. This caused some of the alphanumeric data to not be read in.
I have been using IMEX=1 in my connection string which fixed this type
of situation I had when I first started working on this project, but it

doesn't seem to be working on this particular field.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Amy Bolden