Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing the Negative Sign

You could transform it into an adjacent column

=IF(RIGHT(A1)="-",-1*LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1),A1)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"tedd13" wrote in message
I have a file that I import into Excel. The negative sign on some of the
amounts is at the end of the number. Example: 2,778.69-.
Excel dosn't know that this is a negative amount. Is there an easy way to
move the sign to the font of the number or to reformat the cell to show

that
it is a negative amount?
Thanks