Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Craigm[_51_] Craigm[_51_] is offline

Default Names.add - Test to see if name already exists?

The intent is if a name does not exist to create it. Then set or change
the address it points to.

I am using the line of code below to change the address that the name
points to (when it is created by Insert-Name-Define menus).

Names(sFromSheet & aMonths(1) & aYears(i)).RefersTo = "=" &
Selection.Address

If the name does not exist it stops with an error.

-------
When I try to test if the name exists:

If Names(sFromSheet & aYears(i)) Then
'Nothing to do it is in existance
Else
Names.Add sFromSheet & aMonths(1) & aYears(i)
End If

I get an Application-Defined or ObjectiDefeined Error on the If
statement. I get the same error when I add the worksheet name as a
preface.

If Names(sFromSheet & "!" & sFromSheet & aYears(i)) Then
'Nothing to do it is in existance
Else
Names.Add sFromSheet & aMonths(1) & aYears(i)
End If
What am I doing wrong? I am completly lost again! But I am learning!

Thanks in advance- Craigm

--
Craigm
Craigm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24381