Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ruddojo ruddojo is offline

Default stop users from saving their file over "master" if same name

Thanks for the suggestion, I don't believe I can quite do what you suggest
what it brought some work around ideas to mind
"AA2e72E" wrote:

You could disable the Save and SaveAS menu options and trap the shortcut keys
to those options AND then you would have to trap the workbook closing &
prompt whether it should be saved or the changes discarded.

This gets messy, quickly.

"ruddojo" wrote:

users copy Excel file (model) from network to their c: drive to input data.
When done, they save their file back to the network over the "original"
model. In the interim, updates may have been made to the network model which
become lost when copied over. Any way to restrict this user nightmare