Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
berkeleydb_user berkeleydb_user is offline

Default call excel macro from asp page

Hi

Am new to asp.net programming. I need to call a excel macro from asp
page. I got this code from msdn site,. The code compiles but I run I
don't see the results of macro execution. I don't get any error. I am
calling a simple macro that sets the value of active cell in default
sheet to something. Here is the code and macro.

Excel.Application m_objExcel = new Excel.ApplicationClass();
m_objExcel.Visible = false;

Excel._Workbook wb = m_objExcel.Workbooks.Open(fName, Missing.Value,
Missing.Value,
Missing.Value, Missing.Value, Missing.Value,
Missing.Value, Missing.Value, Missing.Value, Missing.Value,
Missing.Value, Missing.Value, Missing.Value);

m_objExcel.GetType().InvokeMember("Run",
System.Reflection.BindingFlags.Default |
System.Reflection.BindingFlags.InvokeMethod, null, m_objExcel,
new Object[] {"firstmacro"});

wb.Close(false, Missing.Value, Missing.Value);

m_objExcel.Workbooks.Close();
m_objExcel.Quit();
System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComO bject (m_objExcel);
System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComO bject (wb);

wb = null;
m_objExcel = null;

GC.Collect();

Here is the macro.

Public Sub firstmacro()
ActiveCell.Value2 = 101
End Sub

I made sure the Security settings of macros are set to 'Low'.

Please help.

thanks very much