Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do you get calling cell for custom function

As an example

MsgBox Application.Caller.Address

Gregory Cmar wrote:
I have written a custom function that returns database data to my
spreadsheet. The follwoing code snippet describesthe process. I test the
variable being passed in. If it is an object (cell range like A1:A3), I get
that address and process results based upon the values in those cells.

My question is, how do I get the address of the calling cell (the cell where
I entered the formula)? I want to test whether it is an array formula.

Public Function GetSqlData(ByVal ProcName As Variant) As Variant
Dim sProcName As Variant
If IsObject(ProcName) = True Then
Set xRange = ProcName
sProcName = GetValues(xRange)