Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
maple3 maple3 is offline

Default inserting more than 65536 pictures into file using VBA

I have some VBA code which inserts pictures from files into an excel
template. The template is then used to generate an HTML file.
I run the code every day, inserting around 7500 pictures into the template
(5 for each HTML generated)
When a picure is inserted into an excel file, regardless of what the picture
is called, excel ascribes a number to that picture i.e. Picture1, Picture2,
Picture3 etc in that sequence.
The problem I have is that when the Picture sequence reaches 65536, the VBA
code will no longer insert any more pictures. Oddly you can insert more
pictures manually, one by one but not using a macro.

Does anyone kno how to stop this error occurring?