Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bill Barber Bill Barber is offline

Default Change Format of Entire Column

I have imported our loan transfer file over the internet. For some reason
two columns "B" and "Y" come in all messed up.

The column should contain an Integer, however for some reason it can show as
anything, but mostly different Date Formats.

I noticed That when I clicked on the Column and changed the Column Format to
General, all of the transferred numbers displayed correctly.

The manager wants me to do it programmically and does not want anyone to do
it manually.

I know Visual Basic fairly well, but this is the first time (believe it or
not) that I have ever used Excel.

I purchased a couple of Excel books (Both Microsoft Press) but they do not
show how to change a column, just individual cells and/or rows.

I would appreciate if someone who knows can get me started with some script
as to how to do this.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks a Lot

Bill