Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Number Displaying as Date

Because the filetype is .csv Excel thinks it knows how the input should be
interpreted. Rename the file to .txt this will cause Excel to bring up the
Import Wizard. This will allow you to specify the formats.
--
Gary's Student

"Bill Barber" wrote:

The International Bank sends us an Excel.csv File. The only problem is that
for some reason the some Columns displays as various date fields.

I need to insure that the number comes in as the transfer number instead of
a date. The transfer number is an integer.

I imported the Excel file to MSAccess and tried to convert it there. I even
tried to convert the date field in Access and I could not do it there.

Thanks for the assistance in advance!

Bill