Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Loucas[_2_] Loucas[_2_] is offline

Default Select a Range of (Variable) Rows

Thanks Dave,

In the meantime I also tried

With Worksheets(1)
..Range(.Rows(3), Rows(5)).Select
End With

and it worked!

Your's suits me best.

Thanks again

Dave Peterson Wrote:
One way:

Dim X as long
dim Y as long

x = 5
y = 10

rows(x & ":" & y).select

Loucas wrote:

Hi,

I suspect this might not be too difficult, but I'm a VBA novice!

"Help"
didn't help, so here I am...

I am trying to select a Range of Rows by using Variables to define

the
starting and ending Rows.

The command *Rows("X:Y").Select* would have worked if I had fixed

rows
to select. I.e. if I knew that my range should contain rows 3 to 5

then
*Rows("3:5").Select* would have been ok.

The problem is that I want X and Y to be variables, established in
between the programme flow. That is, I want the programme to identify

number of consecutive Rows, and select them all together so as to
perform some action on them.

I face this problem often, when I can find acommands in VBA that
correspond to strings of fixed values for a range, and not to
variables.

Any help?

Many thanks

--