Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
pietgrob pietgrob is offline

Default Error opening external xls

My name is Pieter and I am sure you can assist me with a problem I
experience with my project.

I work in Excel 2003 and trying to open a .xls file from Excel using
Workbooks.Open statement. All files open accept a .xls file that was
exported from Access 97 with the “Output To” statement.
I think that I must use a “connection string” to connect but is not
familiar with this and not sure if that is the problem.

If I open this file from within Excel 2003 it opens but gives me a
error telling me it renamed a invalid sheet.

Can you please assist me in solving this problem

Thank you,

Pieter Grobbelaar

--
pietgrob