Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Controls names as varible?

this page talks about using data validation which may be all you really need.
But it also has sample code on using a combobox to simulate data validation
and have more contron on the appearance of items in the list. Check it out.

Debra Dalgleish's site

Tom Ogilvy

"lily" wrote:

I have a worksheet with a command button and a combo box (with 26
items). When the command button is clicked, a new combobox is created
right at the next row of the first one by copying it. When the command
button is clicked the second time, a new combobox is created right at
the next row of the second one, as so on. My code is:

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
If ComboBox1.Value = "A" Then frmA.Show
If ComboBox1.Value = "B" Then frmB.Show
If ComboBox1.Value = "Z" Then frmZ.Show
End Sub

Private Sub ComboBox2_Change()
If ComboBox1.Value = "A" Then frmA.Show
If ComboBox1.Value = "B" Then frmB.Show
If ComboBox1.Value = "Z" Then frmZ.Show
Private Sub ComboBox26_Change()
If ComboBox1.Value = "A" Then frmA.Show
If ComboBox1.Value = "B" Then frmB.Show
If ComboBox1.Value = "Z" Then frmZ.Show
End Sub

_My_intention_is_to_shorten_the_above_ugly_code_to :_

Private Sub ComboBox(1 to 26)_Change()
If ComboBox1.Value = "A" Then frmA.Show
If ComboBox1.Value = "B" Then frmB.Show
If ComboBox1.Value = "Z" Then frmZ.Show
End Sub

Of course, it doesn't work. Please give some ideas. Thanks.

--
lily
lily's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33150