Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Adding a reference programatically

Seems to me you would only set a version if your code required that or a
newer to work, then test for a failure.

Tom Ogilvy

"RB Smissaert" wrote:

Sub AddADO()

Dim R

For Each R In ThisWorkbook.VBProject.References
If R.GUID = "{00000205-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}" And R.Major = 2
Then
Exit Sub
End If
Next

On Error GoTo NOTFOUND

'although usually the ADO version will be higher, doing Minor:=0 will
install
'the higher version if available. On the other hand when you specify
Minor:=5
'and only a lower version is available, this can't be installed
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ThisWorkbook.VBProject.References.AddFromGuid _
GUID:="{00000205-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}", _
Major:=2, Minor:=0
Exit Sub

NOTFOUND:
On Error GoTo 0

End Sub

RBS

"Fred" <leavemealone@home wrote in message
I create a new workbook simply by copying a worksheet, i.e.
ActiveSheet.copy.
The problen is that the sheet has subroutines that require the ADODB and
so the new workbook needs to reference the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects
Library.
I know I can add that reference to the new workbook using Tools:References
from the main menu but how can I add that reference to the new workbook
programmatically.

Thanks for any help,
Fred