Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Next Blank Row

Gary and I have had a fun time with this one. Assuming that you want to fill
in any blank rows that may exits in your data, go with Gary's. Note you will
need to paste data in one row at a time and run his sub prior to each paste.
If however you just want to find the last row where anything is populated, I
would be more inclined to go with my code. You won't have to worry about
potentialy overwriting any existing data... It's up to you...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Sheldon" wrote:

Thanks Jim. The bottom is ragged adn I'm looking for opt 2 as you have below.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Is the bottom of the spreadsheet ragged. That is to say each column stops at
a different row number. If so then do you want to go to

1. the first empty cell at the bottom of each column

2. or do you want to go to the first row where no column contains any data?
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Sheldon" wrote:

That's great help Jim. How can I get this to look at columns A-Q?

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

With Sheets("Sheet1")
.select
.cells(rows.count, "A").end(xlup).offset(1,0).select
end with

This will select the first blank row looking at the items in column A...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Sheldon" wrote:

I'm writing a Macro that copies information from several worksheets to one
worksheet and I need the next block of data to be pasted in the first row
that is empty. Can someone help me with some VB code that will select a cell
in the first empty row?

Thanks for any assistance.