Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nick Smith[_2_] Nick Smith[_2_] is offline

Default Macro to copy from workbooks listed as http links

What I mean is that I have several excel files (sub-workbooks) with different
file names saved on a network drive. It is the cell data contained in one
sheet of each of these files that I need to import to a master file.

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

I presume what you call subworkbooks are worksheets

AP

"Nick Smith" a écrit dans le message
de ...
Hi,

Is it possible to have a macro for this:

1. Master workbook contains a sheet listing a set of sub-workbooks as

http
links
2. Open linked sub-workbooks (either all at once or individually)
3. Copy defined range of cells from defined sheet name in opened
sub-workbook to the master workbook (data only, not formatting). (Range

and
sheet name is same for all sub-workbooks). Do this for all the linked
workbooks without overwriting any of the previous copied cells.
4. Close sub-workbook(s)

Alternatively, can this be done with the workbooks all stored as files ina
named network directory?

Thanks,

Nick

that will open all workbooks listed on a sheet as http links, copy a
defined set of cell data from one of the sheets into the master workbook,

and
then close the workbook.